I think I have perfected the icing but I am still trying to get the cakey part right. I recently tried the Kate Bracks recipe but I don't love it for a couple of reasons. One, it has three eggs which I think is a bit extreme and two I seem to always overcook them or they fall in the middle.
My current recipe which so far is serving me well is this one here. I think I need to make it a few more times with a few adjustments and it will be perfect. So here it is, try it out and let me know if it works for you.
The Almost Perfect Vanilla Cupcake
80g butter, softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 cup of SR flour
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
160g butter (very soft)
1 cup of icing sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
1.Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Line a 12 cup cupcake pan with cupcake papers. In an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix well.
2. Add the flour milk and vanilla and beat until well combined
3. Divide the mixture evenly into the cupcake papers. I find using an ice cream scoup makes them more even and it is neater.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cakes are firm to the touch. Allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes and then cool on a rack. Cool fully before icing.
5. To make the icing, cream the butter until it is light fluffy and very pale. Add the icing sugar and vanilla and continue beating until it is well combined and looks almost white. Then using a spatula spread the icing over the cupcakes.
What have you been cooking this week?
Weekend Cookbook Guidelines
1. Link up a recipe that you have posted recently.
2. Link up by clicking on the link below and pasting your post URL (not your blog's URL)
3. Share some love by checking out the other links and leave a comment.
4.If you make other blogger's recipe take a photo and post it in their facebook page (or yours and tag them).
5. Add the Weekend Cookbook button to your post/blog (it is on my sidebar).