When I first made this recipe I used plain flour (which is fine to use) but I have since started using 00 flour which is available in Coles/Woolworths and it makes them so much better. I also use this flour for my Brioche recipe and my Pizza Bases so when I buy it, it never goes to waste.
Cheesy Bread Rolls
1 x 7g pack of dried yeast
1 tsp sugar
2/3 cup (150ml) luke warm water
½ cup cheddar cheese
½ cup parmesan cheese
1 2/3 cups of 00 flour
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsl olive oil
1. Put the yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Add 50ml (3 tablespoons) of water and stir to dissolve the yeast. Leave for 5 mins or until bubble appear.
2. Grate the cheese and place them aside for later
3. Place the flour in a large bowl and stir in the salt. Make a well in the center and add the oil and the yeast mixture. Stir until a dough forms.
4. Place the dough on a lightly floured bench and knead until it is nice and smooth. This takes about 10 minutes (let the kids have their own dough to knead, they will love it).
5. While you are kneading add in the cheese and continue to knead it through to work in the cheese.
6. Divide the dough into eight pieces and make balls (or you can make fun shapes. My kids like to make snails, turtles and even butterflies.
7. Place the rolls or shapes onto a lightly oiled tray and press down a little. Leave them to rise for 40-45 minutes covered with a damp tea towel (Preheat the oven to 200 degrees while they are rising ).
8. Once they have doubled in size place them in the oven for 12- 14 minutes.
What have you been cooking this week?
1. Link up a recipe that you have posted recently.
2. Link up by clicking on the link below and pasting your post URL (not your blog's URL)
3. Share some love by checking out the other links and leave a comment.
4.If you make other blogger's recipe take a photo and post it in their facebook page (or yours and tag them).
5. Add the Weekend Cookbook button to your post/blog (it is on my sidebar).